Monday: Listening to the news and figuring out how and when we should go down to Salt Lake for the Holidays and miss the HUGE BLIZZARD as they were reporting. Figured after I get out of school and if it's bad we will just go the next day. Well that night Michael's dad called saying they needed his help at the cabin tomorrow so if he could come down tonight then that would be best. So Michael hitched a ride with his sister last minute. It's weird I never minded being alone before I got married but now that I am I HATE going to sleep with out Michael home, oh well I guess it's part of marriage.
Tuesday: Cache School District decided that due to the blizzard warning that they were going to have a Friday Schedule meaning we get out a little over an hour early so the buses can get everyone home with enough time. Excellent for me so I had the car pre-packed so I could leave after school and beat the storm and now I could leave an hour earlier than planned. Needless to say I made it to the Bishops fine never coming in contact with snow. I think about 1 hour maybe sooner though the storm hit Logan and I know it didn't hit super hard like I was expecting.....well lets say not at all like I was expecting especially in Salt Lake area I still would not have been wanting to drive Sardine with the wind and snow. Driving in the wind was bad enough in my car.
Wednesday: The Bishop crew went up to the Cabin to spend the Holiday week. We spent the entire day/night putting the cabin together putting dishes away putting up shower curtains ect... Glad we were able to get it all done.. Michael and I left that night to go back to Farmington so we could have Thanksgiving with the Weilers
Thursday: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!! Great day. Slept in and Relaxed. I made sweet potatoes and took a few trys and altering the recipe slightly due to the fact that what I had written down didn't make sense so I just had to wing it! hahah it tasted great though if I do say so myself. Then we headed down to my parents everyone was there for diner minus Rob and Katie and they came right after diner and spent the rest of the night talking and playing games. Great day!
Friday: Friday morning we went back to the cabin. As we were driving up to the cabin, after we had gone through the gate the road is plowed all the way to the cabin but in doing so it made it really a one-way road. There are sections that two cars can get through but otherwise it's one-way. Michael and I are driving along go around a turn and there is Lj's car 10 feet in front of us. SLAM we did all that we could to stop and turn into the snow bank so we wouldn't hit but it was inevitable :( It was the first accident for all three of us. Head on Collision. All of us are fine which is great. The cars are not so great. Both drivable for us to get home at least. One might get a classified as totaled though. The rest of the day was great! Enjoying the cabin, snowmobiles, and hot tub.
Saturday: Woke up and left the cabin. Got about 20 min away when we got a phone call about things that were left so we turned around to pick it up. Got up there the cabin was locked and the locked key box had no key. So we decided to climb up onto the balcony in hope that we forgot to lock the door up there. With clmbing onto Michael's shoulders then to his hands then barley being able to pull my self up only to find out the door the door was locked. Now getting back down was a little more tricky but Michael was a good sport with me kicking snow in his face the entire time. Took a little time but I got down safe. Eventually we got into the cabin :) Michael is amazing That night we went to Kirk and Jennie's house had a delicious dinner and then a shower for Rob and Katie. Jennie had a great game like always where we created a news paper headlines that relate to newlyweds. Michael, Scott and I had a great headline hahah
The Balcony I had to climb up
The path to the hot tub :)
The awesome Kids Room!!!!
Kitchen
Main Room
Sunday: Made it back to Logan for our new ward. Ward seems great!!!
Such a wonderful weekend
No comments:
Post a Comment