Thursday, September 8, 2011

San Diego....Labor Day

Michael and I wanted to make another trip to visit Brandon and Chelsea in San Diego. Since Memorial Day I didn't have work and Michael has no school we thought that would be a perfect time to see them. Our original plan was to leave Wednesday night and come home Monday night. Due to some class conflict we couldn't leave til Thursday night and therefore couldn't go to six flags :( A bummer but we still had a good time. We drove all through the night and arrived around 3:00 am in California where Brandon and Chelsea had beds awaiting us. The next day we slept in and then went to the beach. Michael brought this giant rubber band and shot Brandon and Dan, I think he hit LJ once to because she got in the cross fires.


Playing 500 on the beach

And lots of boogie-boarding. The waves were quite large so they had lots of fun riding them in





We then went to this cliff and watched these glider things(in the background) take off.  It was crazy they just run and step off the cliff and then the wind picks them up and they just glide around.

The next day the boys were enthralled in all the football games so the girls decided to get a pedicure.  We thought it would be fun to ride bikes/scooter over there.  So this is our line riding through the parking lot.



The boys then decide they wanted to go golfing....yup you heard right Michael went golfing.  He had a blast. I guess the course was 18 holes but the holes were all about 70-100 yards long.  Of course we have no pictures because it was just the boys there!

We then met up down at the pier and walked around.  Everything was super busy due to it being a holiday weekend but we enjoyed walking around.  Then we stopped at statue depicting the famous picture taken in time square outside and aircraft carrier museum .

Brandon and Chelsea

LJ and Dan

Michael and I

Aubrey and LJ (LJ is wearing Brandon's hat and Dan's shoes hahah)


We then went to Coronado island and rented a 6 man bike.  Yes there are 7 of us...we are just cool like that.  


Sunday evening we enjoyed a walk around the neighborhood 

All in all it was an amazing trip.  Thank you Brandon and Chelsea for letting us come crash you place for a weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like soooo much fun! I Love cali! You look darling, I love that statue! That was our cake topper! :)

    ReplyDelete