Man alive! I have tired to post about our trip about 4 times and every time something fails....usually the upload of pictures....Now I got them up and they were all out of order and everything is being weird. Fixed most of the bugs, but sorry if anything else is a little skewed in this post!
Anyway! This past weekend I had UEA and Michael had Fall Break. We were not expecting them to be at the same time so it was a wonderful surprise when we found out that it was! We decide that we needed to go visit Brandon and Chelsea in California. We knew they would be in school and have lots to do but we thought it would be fun to see them at least for the little bit that they could take off. We gathered up the troops and Kelsi, LJ, Tyler, Michael and I made the road trip out to California leaving Wednesday after I got out of school. We drove to St. George and crashed at Tylers parents house then woke up in the morning and drove to San Diego.
This is a picture of Kelsi driving! She did such an excellent job. Her first time going over 65 mph. Also this picture is taken past Vegas....Which is far as Kelsi and Michael have ever driven, every other time they have been to California they flew!! Crazy!!!
When we got to Brandon and Chelsea they feed us dinner....so unexpected but way nice! Then we went to the San Diego Temple to just walk around the grounds. After we headed to a beach lookout place(Shown below) It was crazy how big some of the waves were and it was in high tide so as we were walking down to the beach we had to hurry between tides so we didn't get wet!
We then went back to the temple because we wanted to see it all lit up! Such a beautiful temple!!! So I have tried and tried to get these next pictures separated and all has failed, so I'll just write here about the next pictures. The next day we went to Knotts Berry Farm. We leave the apartment put the address in Gina( our GPS) and it tells us our estimated time of arrival which sounded right and headed off. We are getting closer and closer and excited to get the day started. Then it tells us to exit....we can't see a park anywhere so we were like okay maybe it's a little off the freeway. Then the GPS say "Arriving at destination on right" The picture of Tyler is where the GPS was claiming where Knotts Berry Farm was. We plug it into Michael GPS on his phone and we were 56 miles away! Bummer :( We all piled back into the car drove another hour and finally made it to Knotts Berry Farm!!! Woot Woot!!!
All of us with Snoopy!
Log Flume! I wish we would have forked over the $10 to pay for the picture that it took of us on this ride because it was priceless!!! Best picture by far! Oh well at least we have this one.
We are pretty much parallel to the ground, that is why we have faced like we are falling out
Fun Fun Day!!!!!
The next day was a chill day. We slept in, played an amazing game, then went to the Mormon Battalion Museum, and lastly the beach and then chilled again back in the apartment.
The Mormon Battalion Museum was very interesting and fun. The Church did an excellent job of putting this together, making it interesting for all ages. If you ever get the chance I would recommend that you go to it.
Body Boarding at the beach!!!
Playing a little two on one football
Chilling back at the apartment playing Monopoly Deal! SUCH A FUN GAME!!!! Next time I'm at the store I'm going to be buying it!!! :) (Michael even enjoyed it BONUS)
Thank you Brandon and Chelsea,
It was great to see you.
I dare you to find someone who doesn't love San Diego. So great. That beach lookout is beautiful, but its not where we got engaged :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVED that! So glad you guys came down-- thank you!!
ReplyDelete