Well life has been a little crazy as of late due to the fact of my new employment! I got a job at Logan River Academy. It is a private residential treatment school. Meaning these kids have come from tough pasts and here they go though a lot of therapy. Since they are in the ages form 8th-12th grade while here they also go to school. What has been most difficult though is the teacher I replaced left in the middle of a semester so I'm coming in mid semester!
I started last week but this has been my first week teaching. It was been great! This week I haven't had anyone be to disrespectful or had to kick anyone out....lets hope it stays that way :) But I think overall this will be an amazing experience and one I can learn a lot from.
It is also a 12 month school due to the nature of the program so I will be teaching through out the summer with not breaks. Which isn't necessarily a terrible thing because Michael is planning on doing summer school so we will be in Logan anyway.
I'm just glad to be teaching again. I truly love teaching, and it become more and more apparent every time I get up in front of the class and this time it's MY CLASSROOM!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment