Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Shower and Haircut

This weekend I had the opportunity to go to my cousin Lindsay's baby shower. She is not due til April but since we had some cousin in from town we thought why not do it while they were there. It was fun to see them and their kids, some I've only seen pictures of and catch up with family. For my gift I decided to break out my sewing machine and make a hooded towel with pocket and a flower on the pocket. It's by no means perfect but I didn't think I did to shabby of a job. You can make your own opinions :)



The shower even had quite a scare. After we finished opening all the gifts my mom looks down at her ring and the diamond is gone, it had fallen out. So we all searched the house and couldn't find it. We were just hoping that it fell out at her house and not at the shower. I left to go get my haircut and my mom found the diamond! Whew!! Glad she found it at the house! So back to the haircut, my hair has been getting LONG!!! Like the longest I think it's ever been, and it's to the point that it's too long, so I needed it cut and decided to cut it kind of short. Not super short but shorter than I think it's ever been since Michael has met me....

Here is a before picture (I forgot to take one right before but this is from Christmas)


and after.....


I really like it, and it's fun to have something different for a change!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you found the diamond! Where was it?!

    Love the hair cut! So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hair! So cute.
    And great job on the towel. Im glad it worked so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at my domestic sister sewing clothes. Fantastic.

    I'm not sure I remember seeing you with that short of a haircut. It's like a whole new Michelle, and both are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The haircut looks so cute! Love getting a new style going. And I'm so glad the diamond was found. The towel was super impressive...way to be.

    ReplyDelete